Sunday, March 4, 2012

Wow, this quote really made me think... “Almost everything--all external expectations, all pride, all fear of embarrassment or failure--these things just fall away in the face of death, leaving only what is truly important. Remembering that you are going to die is the best way I know to avoid the trap of thinking you have something to lose. You are already naked. There is no reason not to follow your heart.” -Steve Jobs (from Laura Moncur's Motivational Quotations) Right? It's just so important to do something everyday that brings you joy. Don't wait! Appreciate the beauty of your own smile and the feeling of happiness. It may be as simple as putting on a song you like and dancing around your living room. Or taking a bath by candle light instead of a shower. Doodling. Or even as simple as petting your cat and enjoying the sound of pleasure in a lush purr. I get great pleasure while playing artistically so I try to do a little each day if I can. Last night I needed a solid break from a very busy day and had seen some amazing pet photos on a website that inspired me. I began this art piece of my cat Toby. I'm trying out a new technique in Adobe Photoshop CS5. Let's see where it goes... I'll post this image again as it progresses.

No comments:

Post a Comment